I'm Back, But a Little Quieter

Me and my sister a Long Time Ago
 For those of you who don't follow me on Facebook, you may not know that I got a surprise phone call on Friday, October 17th, telling me that one of my sisters had died unexpectedly in her sleep that morning.

To say the news was shocking was an understatement. (BTW, any of you having to tell a family member about a death should MAKE THAT PERSON GET SOMEONE ELSE IN THE ROOM WITH THEM SO THEY ARE NOT ALONE!)


I am the oldest sibling of six girls and a caboose of a boy. Meagan was #4 in our family and had been having health problems for years. It was mostly of the knee/foot/fibromyalgia type of illness. She was always in pain, on medication, having a medical procedure, etc. Unfortunately, it also made her not be able to take care of her family.

The Monday before her death, Meagan had knee replacement surgery. She was really looking forward to this as it would FINALLY allow her some mobility and the chance to actually be a mom to her kids. The night after she came home from the hospital she fell asleep on the couch and simply didn't wake up again. No one knows why, but we're thinking it might have been a blood clot since that is a common reason for complications after that surgery.

I was going through my pictures last night and found that I didn't have any of just the two of us (I cropped out one sister in the above photo - sorry, April!). I think that makes me the saddest of all. There are lots of us with other people in the family, but none of us by ourselves. Perhaps that's okay, though. We are a forever family...

Ethan, Allyson, April, Meagan, me and Melanie... Hajek kids!

Comments

Sande said…
So sorry for the loss of your beloved sister.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts