A Rare Marriage


My husband, Brian, writes poetry. He's been more of a fiction novel writer these past few years, but had an idea the other day. He proposed that we collaborate on a book of poetry and paintings. He'd write poems based on my watercolors and I can do the same for his poetry. 

This proposal was in an email and he attached an example for me using a watercolor he'd grabbed off my art table.

 
I Rise
From the depths I espy her,
Far above me, pale and luminous,
So unlike any I had ever known,
To greet Selene I rise, I rush.

Bursting through the natural bonds,
Into another world I climb,
So new, this unyielding earth,
Glorious, bathed in her radiance sublime.

She had filled my sky,
And I flew to touch her soft face,
But here, removed from my reality,
She is so far beyond my embrace.

Even as my heart flutters in awe,
Heavenly ethers clear,
Blinding, brilliant, baffling, beauty,
She looks down upon this sphere.

What darkness is about me?
Oh! How little I knew the light.
She burns the world with cold fire,
And I am bless’ed for the sight.

So tall the trees beneath her gaze,
Giants washed in a silvery fount,
Yet she rises higher, ever higher,
The Goddess’ nightly journey mounts.

It's a first for our marriage and a beauty at that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts