Don't Get 'er Done



My sense of responsibility tends to overreach its bounds. I worry about getting things done. And everything needs to be done NOW.

I'd been putting off something for a while now because I was unsure how to do it. The unknown tends to paralyze me! So I sat in front of my computer and told myself to start doing the thing I was worried about. (I even said a prayer) What was the worst that could happen?

And, less than an hour later, it was done.

I went to bed light as a feather. I woke up light as a feather. I had NO cares weighing me down. That is a rare enough thing that I even mentioned it to Brian. He was surprised, not knowing that I worried that much about life, the universe and everything. "That is a difficult burden to bear." he said to me. "Feeling like you always have deadlines." He's right because it's not like I'm in school anymore. Why concern myself so much?

Then here's what I realized that brought a bit of beauty to my day:

Very few things really HAVE to get done. Learn which things are which

I can almost hear the Beatles' singing "Let it Be." Like an earworm.




Comments

Jill said…
Soooooo true and very few things really need to be said. Once realized, life is much lighter. :) I came across you through Lisa of Lil Fish Studios.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts