Crocheted Stones

Although this might be considered one of those crafts that has no real purpose, I find that crocheting on stones is very soothing. In my next life, I am going to study geology because I like rocks so much. It's another reason I'm so glad I live in Bakersfield. We have fabulous rocks and rock formations so near to us.

Anyway, if you search Google for crocheted stones, you'll see beautiful examples. These are the first I've tried. The little one is with a sample of fine paper twine I received in my order from Paperphine. Being as it was my first attempt, it has NO discernible crochet pattern - just a bunch of loops. I think I'll call it Fine Art. Fancy-schmancy-if-you-can't-understand-it-you-aren't-cool kinda art. Oh yeah.

Art. Fine FINE Art.
The next ones were made after several attempts to read a pattern - which I finally did! Yay me! I still have no idea what a picot stitch is (yet), but I believe in being resourceful and soldiering on and that's what I did.

This is helpful for me to do right now. When bad stuff is going on in life, I'm not good at 'doing' and 'suffering' at the same time. I'm apt to just look out the window and not get anything done. I'm living in squalor right now because I can't bring myself to clean up the kitchen quite all at once. I really need a wife. :)

Comments

Nancy said…
Very neat. I never heard of crocheted stones. Guess I am going to have to Google it. Hope your mood perks up soon.
Melanie said…
Cool! Our pet rocks can now have clothes!! Lol.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts