Living Simply


I was on this blog this morning and found a quote that is interesting:

I had everything I needed (except a runner for the hall to keep Jack’s excitement quiet for the neighbors below). I didn’t want to add anything more to my home because I realized that in spending so much time, money and effort on my flat I was taking away from outside experiences like travel, friends, clothes and play. I wanted to start spending more time outdoors at the beach, at the park, riding my bike, seeing movies than in getting a new pillow, piece of furniture or new bowl that I didn’t really need.

I wonder about that for myself. How many experiences am I denying myself because I focus too much on things that are "enough already." How do I know when enough is enough?

Enough already. I need to think about that.

I'm working on a new design for my book origami. It's very soothing to me.

Comments

Nancy said…
I am so looking forward to your book origami book. Thank you for such a wonderful blog.
Rebekah said…
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, too. I'm pretty sure I have more than "enough already!"

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts