Folded Books, Book Purses and Ladybug Cakes!

Just because I am not blogging doesn't mean I'm not busy. In fact, the usual reason for NOT blogging is because I'm TOO busy.

First off, here's a picture of the book purse I made two weeks ago... I have worked out how to do the sides and the lining now. I was too impatient to work it all out on a purse I didn't care about and did it on this FABULOUS dictionary I found at the Friends book sale - look at that alphabet stamped on the covers. Wahoo!


I am looking forward to making more book purses and putting them in my etsy shop. My favorite feature of this purse is the book text handles. :)


In other news, my daughter celebrated her 9th birthday on April Fool's Day. She requested a ladybug cake and I fully embraced the opportunity to make a fun cake. I still have problems with getting the fondant thin enough. My relatives who ate the cake were very kind and didn't gag on the mass of sugar gunk in public. Yay them!

Here's another sample of the folded books I'm working on that I call Diamond Back. I'm currently working on one of tiny diamonds that work their way down in a pattern.

Comments

BelFin said…
nice! well done!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts